Saturday, September 16, 2006

Pepper Lunch @ Taka

We were meant to go kayaking today, but the weather isn't so generous to give us clear sky during the day.

So after exercising our vocal chords in Rome's house, we decided to sprint our way to Takashimaya. It was past 6pm and everyone's very hungry but not angry. Regina and Rome had a first taste of the Japanese cafe and they made some good reviews about it, so the whole group went there to satisfy our taste buds and stomach walls.

The meal that I took is the cheapest--what else is new? Well, I mean, the cheapest shouldn't mean that it's the worst meal that they have, right? And besides, in my opinion, that's the best benchmark. The cheapest should be the best, so that people will be more convinced to buy the more expensive one.

Taste: Nil I was too excited, or just dumb-struck that I didn't taste the food first before mixing up all the spices and sauces on my plate. The kotokome rice is quite heavy on the tummy which makes it great because I should say that the serving is slightly on a snack-size for me. ;) Well, my body is allergic to fats so I have no qualms about eating alot.
The food is really hot being served. Unfortunately, I spilled like a can of garlic salty sauce on my plate so no matter how spoonful of honey brown sauce i put on the rice, the salt wallops in my taste buds!
The root beer is not so titillating as the Billy Bomber's though!

Presentation: 4/5 It was great. It was fun. The plate was 260-degree hot!

Price: 3/5 I told you I took the cheapest. I spent $8 for the whole meal, add the GST on it. I am not so happy about it. ;)

One of my colleague raised a very good question, what happens if it's night time? Will they rename the place as Pepper dinner? :P

No comments: