Saturday, September 30, 2006

One day along Changi Road

Restoran Makanan Laut Chai Chee


My sister and I trudge along Changi road to find the Malay restaurant we reconned last time when we were aimlessly walking around Kembangan. I'm not in a mood to talk today, but I want to put up these pics because they're long overdue. Please bear with me if you don't find this post so entertaining....i'm just soooo tired, tired of thinking what my future will be, or whether i'm making the right decision over something .... but this ain't the place to prattle all my internal conflicts.

As usual, for every meal, there must be a vegetable set, meat, and RICE!!!! Here's what we ordered for our vege: Baby Kailang Seafood (I forgot how the Kaillang is spelled)

Taste: 3/5 I've tried alot of Kailan recipes since I started working here in Singapore and sad to say, the taste of this didn't register to my memory. It wasn't bad, but maybe it's more on the ordinary side.

Presentation: 4/5 I like the colours of the vegetables mixed on the plate.

Price: I lost the receipt! I can't even remember how much I spent for the whole dinner... oh but I do remember that the cereal prawn is like a whopping $25. Oh, right at this moment, I'm craving for that BIG burger I ate at Billy Bombers!


I didn't really intend to buy an ice lemon tea. Initially, I asked for plain water. But the water tasted so chlorinated so I opted to buy a separate drink. Good thing, a waiter was passing by during the time I was wondering for a drink to buy. I saw him holding this multi-layered drink. I was so fascinated as to how the orange colored liquid was layered on top of the transparent fluid, so I immediately asked the waiter to give me one.

Taste: 3/5 Nothing unusual. I still prefer the home-made ice lemon tea in Marsiling (S11 coffeshop near the traffic light).

Presentation: 5/5 This is why I was convinced to buy the drink.

Price: 4/5 Ok lah!



My sister took the Lychee. I think, she's starting to like the Lychee/longan juice here.

Taste: 2.5/5 I know the lychee was drained from the can, but I was expecting it not to taste like a tin can.. -_-"

Presentation: 3/5 Nothing unusual too.

Price: 4/5 The price is fair.



I am not really that mean. I mean, it just happened that the food I reviewed above aren't really that fantastic. I should say though that this Sotong Fritters and Oats is a kicker!

Taste: 4.5/5 I'm sure Fauziah is going to love this. It's spicy and even spicier if you take it home and re-fry it. The oats's sweetness is just nice and the fritters is really a plus on this.

Presentation: 4/5 I can't think of any other way to present this better.

Price: 4/5 Not as expensive as the prawn. :)



If you think the sotong fritters is spicy, lo and behold, this is even spicier!

Taste: 4/5 It's superb. It's sweet. It's crispy...and the sauce is thick--thick with spices! yummy. :)

Presentation: 3.5/5 I just feel that the food is too dark, maybe too much dark soy sauce?

Price: 4/5 The price is as good as the taste.

I wish I were in Shanghai to taste the real shanghainese style.

Oh btw, I heard that the Russian market is getting better. I hope I can visit Moscow sometime and be astounded by the Kremlin architectures. I wonder when will it be, for sure it's not now though, moscow is heading the list of most expensive cities around the worl you know!

Ok, I'm going to fix myself, my sister and I are heading to boat quay. She hasn't been there ever since she stepped on the soil of Singapore. Adieu!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it's "baby kailan".

it would be better if put the price "as well". hehehe

Maria said...

I like Lychee juice....its quite yummy....thanks for providing such a nutritious dishes.
Data Recovery Software