Sunday, February 11, 2007

Cafe Cartel in Marine Parade






This is actually the second time I've been to Cafe Cartel, I guess I was hypnotized by their baby pork ribs, aka St. Louis Pork Ribs with BBQ sauce, that's why I couldn't keep myself from going back and ordering the same thing.

This time though, I added a Caesar's Salad on my table. I was trying to be healthy you know (and a 60-kg weight ain't healthy yet for you?!).

St. Louis Pork Ribs
$14.20 SGD

At first I thought the price was kindda too heavy for my pocket, but wait till you see the serving, it's BIG! (now put more of that exclamation mark!!!!). If you're going to order one, ensure that you're going to share it with another person.

It's not only the size of the serving that makes my heart jump...it's the taste and the softiness of the meat (pardon him for his terminologies, he ain't a real chef y'all know, I think he meant, tender meat!). The BBQ sauce is a real kicker and the meat, they're so tender and very easy to chew. I won't be surprised if I only see rib bones on your plate. For sure you'll always exclaim... "SARAP TO THE BONES!".

RATING: 5/5
I would definitely recommend this to all those rib lovers out there, or even to those who are just curious on eating one.


Caesar Salad

$7.50 SGD

Personally, I didn't taste anything ordinary on their salad (well, that's because this is your first time to eat a Caesar Salad!), or maybe I need to try other resto's salad.

The lettuce is fresh, the meat are so so...and the plate is white. Need I say more that I'm totally mesmerized by it? By the way, I'm hearing the season finale of the Apprentice. It's airing now on Channel 5, well I think it's a delayed telecast anyway. Although I did read his book, How To Be Rich, and I find it interesting and informative. I would definitely recommend it!

RATING: 3/5
I am basing this on my own personal preference on the taste. :) (which of course, everybody knows is very subjective!). Technorati icon

No comments: